Ok, so I am playing catch up. We have had a good week and as usual busy. Ty loves to explore Griff's baby gear. He can't miss out on anything. I caught him in the swing making faces in the mirror and laughing at himself. He also had to have Mac carry him around in the baby carrier. We are just glad that neither the swing or baby carrier broke, since he is well over the weight limit! He also gets put in time out when he tries to hit or bite Griff. It is all I can do to keep from laughing especially when he puts himself in timeout before I can even say go to time out. Is it really effective when he puts himself in timeout?
Griff is smiling now and I actually caught it on camera. He is getting so big and is such a tough baby. Ty is constantly loving on him and being rough at the same time. His looks are changing everyday, but I still think he looks like his daddy. He is still mostly eating and sleeping, but when he is awake he wants to be where the action is. He is used to the chaos of his big brother!
On another note lets talk potty talk: As we said earlier we got Ty a potty. He is well aware of what it means to go tee tee and he tells you after he has a doo doo, so we figured it was never to early to start. The other day we were in the bathroom and I took his diaper off because I was getting ready to change it. I asked him if he needed to tee tee on the potty. He proceed to try, he even sat and wiped (like mommy) and tried to stand and lean over (like daddy). I know if only you could be a fly on the wall and if only I had my video camera in the bathroom. Well after trying, no success. However he continued to stay close to the potty and told me tee, tee, doo, doo, so I just kept asking if he had to go and sitting him on the potty. He got very quiet and I realized here is he moment. He is working on a doo doo and I sat him on the potty. HE WENT IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TY! DOO DOO in the POTTY! We jumped around and cheered (meanwhile Griff is screaming). We celebrated by having M&M's. Now instead of trying to go potty, he wants to know where the doo doo is. He looks in his potty and and says doo doo ugh?? I know he is only 16 months and it may not happen again for months, but it was still exciting!
That was our excitement for the week. We managed to go the grocery store, gymnastics and even get dinner ready one night. It is non-stop, but keeps me on my toes. I didn't get a shower or to go to the bathroom until Mac got home but I survived my first week on my own!
We are headed to the beach with Aunt Becky, Great Grandmomma and Cousin Leslie on Tusday. We are so excited!! Then when we get back Uncle Bo and Aunt Kelly are coming in town for our friend's wedding. We are looking forward to spending time with family!
Happy July 4th!! We had lots of fun with Mamee and Poop. Our July 4th was very low key but lots of fun. I dressed the boys to match and attempted to take their picture. Ty road his car around the house and had Mamee ride with him. He helped Mamee make banana pudding. After a busy morning he and Poop crashed in the rocking chair. We had our friends Mike and Courtney over for dinner and then went to watch fireworks. Ty liked them a lot and said boom boom. He especially liked the fact that we took Dada's Boat to watch them. On Saturday, they boys went to eat breakfast and then we played outside. At nap time Mamee and Poop snuck out and headed to their lake house. We sure do miss them and we had lots of fun while they were here. Jeff, Micah and Tucker came over for dinner on Saturday and then we put the boys to bed and Mac I watched fireworks from our deck. Mac had a few sparklers of his own. The 4th of July is such a special time to honor our country and enjoy family and friends. Can't believe it has come and gone.
0 comments:
Post a Comment