1. Today is September 11th and I just want to pay tribute to those who lost their lives that day and their families. It is hard to believe 7 years have past since our nation was attacked. I will never forget that day, where I was, the feeling that our safety and security had been taken away, longing to be with my family and to know they were safe, and the fact that America would never be the same.
2. Griff is 3 months old today!!! He is such a joy and we love him so much.
3. Update on Ty's school: He did great the first day. Day two lots and lots of tears. Day Three fewer tears than day two and he said he had fun.
4. I knew having children took your brain, but I never realized how much until today. 5-9 are why!
5. Washed the remote. It was wrapped in the sheets. Mac couldn't believe it. Little does he know it is not the first time. However in previous washes my spin cycle worked and dried the remote out, so it worked fine, no harm done. However the spin cycle on our washer is on the fritz, so remote out of commission! Opps
6. Dusted the china cabinet with Scrubbing Bubbles instead of Pledge. Opps again.
7. Ran over Mac's blue tooth headset (not sure why it was in garage?) Triple Opps.
8. Gave Ty a Popsicle and didn't open it for him. Couldn't figure out why he kept fussing. Maybe because he couldn't eat it!!
9. Went out to eat, forgot burp cloth (Griff spits up all over himself). Also forgot Ty's paci (He only had 30 minute nap today) DISASTER!
10. I learned last night not to read all the links on Emily's blog. Some are funny, but several are so sad! They about loosing a spouse or child and while the bloggers are extremely strong people and I could learn a lot from them, I could not get through them with sobbing my eyes out. Don't know why I put myself through it.
11. Big Kudos to all you working mom's out there. This week Tuesday-Thursday I had to be out the door with both boys by 8:40ish. (I know it is not even that early!) Two days were to get Ty to school and one day was to drop Ty off with his Pop and Aunt Pam so I could go to the dentist. Seriously it was all I could do to get out the door. Don't know how you do it everyday: get your self ready, your kids ready and get them to school and yourself to work. You are awesome.
12. Although my days are crazy with 2 boys/babies under 19 months and I don't always get a shower or a chance to brush my teeth or go to the bathroom, I just love being a mom. Children are the most precious gift from God and I wouldn't trade my chaotic days for anything in the world. I think today being September 11 reminded me how blessed I am to have Ty and Griff. Words can not describe my love for them and how lucky I am to be able to spend each day with them. I am forever grateful to Mac for the sacrifices he makes for our family so I can stay home with them. I love when I get to hold them both in the rocking chair and they lay their hands on my chest. I love that I get to kiss 3 sets of Harper lips (Mac, Ty and Griff that is). I could go on and on. Mac, Ty and Griff I love you so much!!
13. I am so excited for Jeff, Micah and Tucker. Any minute now, they are going to welcome Mattox James into this world. Mattox we can't wait to meet you. Micah and Jeff you are in our thoughts and prayers. Tucker you are going to be a great big brother!!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Thursday's Thirteen Thoughts
Posted by mharper at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
MANDY! You are so funny! Only one of my links is really sad. But she's so inspirational and honest and open that it is actually very beautiful. Give it a shot one day....as for 5-9...LOVE IT! Hilarious! You could call it The Misadventures of Momma Mandy! So funny!!!
Post a Comment