Sunday, September 20, 2009

Boat Trip

In July Mac and I actually went on a trip for a whole weekend with our children. This is the first time since Ty was born we have done this! I know you are think are you kidding, but when you are pregnant, nursing, pregnant, nursing and your kids are 15 months apart, it is a little harder than you think. Needless to say we had a great time. My wonderful parents came to our house to keep the boys, so that we didn't have to worry while we were gone. We left on Friday morning and met our dear friends the Bolen's. We then drove to Santee and put their boat in the lake. We road via boat to Charleston. You have to go through a lock in order for your boat to be lowered from lake to the river. It was a very neat experience. Once we got to Charleston we spent the night down town Friday and Saturday night and headed back by boat on Sunday. It was SOOOO much fun!!!!!!! We missed our boys, but it was some much needed adult time. Since we love to be on the water and boat this trip was right up our alley. It was great to spend the weekend with our best friends and enjoy such a cool experience!! Thanks to all who made it happen. Can't wait for next year! Did I mention it was also Mac and I's 7th anniversary!! Love you Mac!!


Ok these pictures are way out of order, but I am so behind on blogging, I just want to get it posted. Sorry!!
We are at the bottom of the lock. They have lowered us down to the river and I am looking up. We entered at the top from the lake. Pretty cool!
Coming in to Charleston with Ravenel Bridge in background
Our Captains
All the boats in the lock. Tied up and getting ready to be raised up to the lake. This was on the way back.
On our way home. It is hard to avoid the sun when you are on a boat for over 8 hours!! On the way home we had about all the sun one person could get!

This is on our way home. Waiting to enter the lock. The lake is at the top on the other side of the lock.
The boat rats cleaned up nicely for dinner on Saturday night.
Our buddies The Bolen's
Cool Tug Boat

In the Lock being lowered down to the river
The Harper's and The Bolen's
Me my hubby!

0 comments: